Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their will or estate. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three, simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name The Viscardi Center as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The 3 Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.View My Guide
See How It Works
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and their favorite charity over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left the charity a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because the charity is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support its mission.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes-leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
Plan Your Future
Get your FREE Personal Estate Planning KitDownload Now
- Contact Lauren M. Marzo at (516) 465-1593 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support Viscardi with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name Viscardi in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: The Viscardi Center, Inc.
Address: 201 I.U. Willets Road, Albertson, NY 11507
Federal Tax ID Number: 11-1814883
The information presented on or through this website is made available solely for general information purposes. It is NOT to be used as a substitute for specific legal or tax advice. Online readers should NOT act upon this information without seeking professional counsel. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.